Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Chroma - My Big Fat Geek Weekend

Well, that's the most gaming I've done in some time. I was able to play four games of EPIC and also watch one... super!

My Lost & the Damned Cultists did me proud. I was 3-0 at the GW Battle Bunker and won the big prize of $50 in Gift Certifactes; now I just need to figure out what to waste them on. I met some cool EPIC players, got to face some new armies, and I had a blast!

I face Orks, Ulthwe Eldar, and Space Wolves, and, for the most part, sent them packing! *laugh* I'm starting to feel that the LatD might be too powerful, but I'm having a hard time narrowing it down to why. I guess more playtesting is in order and the list is still in its formative stages. Here's some shots of the big fights!

Here's the cult approaching and then finishing off a lot of Orks:

And here's the technologically advanced Eldar:



Unfortunately, none of the photos I took of the fight against the Space Wolves turned out, but the best one was of two Thuderhawks strafing the same poor coven... which happened twice!


With Monday being a holiday here in Canada, BloodnGuts and PipBoy came over for some more EPIC fun. My cultists squared off againts BnG's Nomad Marines and taught them a lesson in fun! *laugh* That's the danger when the followers of Slaanesh bring cookies to the battlefield...

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us



Then PipBoy brought his freshly semi-painted Blood Angels, that looked suspiciously green... (Not from the cookies, I hope!) and faced off against BnG fielding a mechanized Guard force. It was a very interesting fight and was the first time the Blood Angels had taken the field. There were many highlights that I'll leave to the lads to describe, but I'll just mention that wow Terminators are tough!

Free Image Hosting at <a href= Free Image Hosting at <a href=

There may not have been many Termies left after that massive conflict, but they still wound up winning! In the end, the Blood Angels took the field... but we'll see how they do against the Cult next time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home