Monday, October 16, 2006

Pipboy - Epic Imperial Buildings

I've been poking away for a while trying to create some non-ruined Epic buildings. I've taken the ruined building sprues from Epic 40k and chopped them up and built whole facades. Then I cast them and now I have turned out the first few casts. The Alumilite casting plastic I have been using is a little viscous for this kind of project so there are loads of bubbles. Once they're painted I don't think they will look any different than all the shell pock-marks covering the buildings anyway. I've found a source in Toronto for Smooth-On brand casting rubber and epoxy plastic. This new stuff should do much better as it is much thinner and will pour with far less bubbles trapped. Anyway, I'm convinced that these new buildings combined with all the cool scenery parts I've discovered I still have will make one damn fine looking Epic table...as soon as I get enough of the buggers cast.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home