Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Pipboy - The metal menace draws near

After a very long time my Necron army is built and half-way painted. They should be finished for the Epic event at the Oakville Battle Bunker next week. First up: the previously viewed Obelisk:


The Obelisks are mounted on a 1" washer and won't float so high when they are finished.


I'm mostly happy with the Monoliths but I still think they are a little large (but suitably impressive) and maybe a little squat (short and fat - not beardy). Overall they do a good job of looking like what they are. They will also be floating a lot lower than this when they are finished.



The Pylons are my favorite and I think they turned out just right. Not too big but still look large enough for a war engine. I think they do a great job of approximating the gargantuan 40k sized Pylons.

Everything here was scratch built out of polystyrene with beads for Necron crystals. Once the master models were built I made an RTV mould and cast as many Alumilite super-plastic (resin) duplicates as I needed. This was my first time casting and I think it worked pretty well. The whole process was super simple and I'm totally going to use moulds again in future projects.

Painted infantry and vehicles to follow soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home